The advancement of technology in recent times has led to the integration of certain security systems into car keys. An example of this of security systems is the “transponder chips.” You will find it interesting to know that these keys were first introduced into this world in the 1990s and since then it has become one of the famous security systems that car owners can add to their vehicles. To make use of these keys, it will have to be programmed to a vehicle before it can activate the ignition switch. With your car programmed, the transponder keys would be able to activate your car. Interestingly, you can have your car programmed in minutes.
In this piece, we will discuss how you can program your car. These steps include;
- You have to insert the key you want to be programmed into the ignition vehicle of the car in question.
- Once you have inserted, try to on the vehicle by turning the car to the appropriate position. Once it is turned in that direction, you are expected to leave it for about 10 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Once the 10 minutes and 30 seconds have elapsed, wait for about 45 seconds then turn the key the other way round. Immediately, turn the key back to the former position and leave for another 10 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Within about 45 seconds after completing the third step, you have to turn the key the other way round, then return to the “on” position and leave for another 10 minutes 30 seconds.
- Once the 10 minutes and 30 seconds have elapsed, turn the key the other way round and then back to the “on” position. Once you have completed these steps, then your key should have been programmed.
While this may seem simple, it is vital that you remember that the brand of the vehicle is another factor that should be taken to heart when it comes to programming your key. Also, what works for one vehicle may not actually work exactly the same for the other vehicle. This is why it is crucial that you seek the services of a professional. Locksmiths could just be the right people to help you out. Basically, locksmiths are familiar with all locks and keys. With the advancement of technology, they also happen to be familiar with transponder keys and would help you program them.